click to enable zoom
Loading Maps
We didn't find any results
open map
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
Advanced Search
We found 0 results. Do you want to load the results now ?
Advanced Search
we found 0 results
Your search results

1-3 Year Council Schemes

Do you want help to rent your property? We can advertise your property for free to the hundreds of people that approach the councils for advice about housing each year. Many are looking for a new home in the private sector and we want to put them in touch with you. To do this various Councils now offers a dedicated service for private landlords, matching potential tenants to your properties.
In partnership with the councils Marble Lettings can provide landlords with a streamlined efficient service in advertising their property and finding a suitable tenant and it is all based on choice. The services provided are unique and if we arrange an introduction with a suitable tenant, the council will pay you a lump sum.


A Guide For Landlords


What services can the councils provide?


Free marketing of your property. They screen prospective tenants to establish that they will be able to manage a tenancy and pay their rent. A dedicated team to support you through the letting process. A choice of tenants. A bond agreement or insurance cover for up to £5000 in lieu of a deposit. We aim for this to be a quick and simple process that will allow you to let your property.


What sort of properties are clients looking for?


We help hundreds of people each year who would like to move into a private sector property. They are looking for a variety of sizes and types of accommodation in most areas. As a result we advertise all suitable properties in various different boroughs.


How does the Private Renting Scheme work?


Once you have informed us that you would like to advertise your property with us we will immediately add your property to our database of available properties and more than likely have

viewings within 7 days..




If one of our customers is interested in your property one of our housing advisers will contact you to arrange a convenient time for the interested party to meet with you and view the property.



Do you have to accept the potential tenant?


No. These schemes are based on choice for ALL. If you are not satisfied with the potential tenant there is no need for you to accept them. In fact if you are not satisfied we want you to tell us why. We will then have a better chance of helping you find the tenant that you want. Unless requested, you retain full management of the property so we want you to find a tenant you will be happy with. This is central in helping a good relationship to develop between yourself and your tenant, and helps the tenancy to last beyond the initial 12-month period.


Once you have found a suitable and interested tenant we can help you to complete the necessary paper work and we can provide ongoing support if problems arise.


We do not ask you to keep the property vacant for our customers and have no problem with you simultaneously looking for a tenant elsewhere. We simply ask for the opportunity to find you a potential tenant and to be kept up to date with the availability of your property.



The Sign-Up Stage

When you have found a prospective tenant with whom you would like to sign a tenancy agreement you will need to send us copies of the following documents in order for us to process your payment:


Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement


Confirmation of the Rent Valuation from the Housing Benefits Office


A Gas Safety Certificate (If the property has gas appliances). This can be obtained from a Gas Safe registered engineer or your gas company.


An NIC/EIC or ECA electrical test safety certificate or equivalent. This can be obtained from an NICE/EIC or ECA approved electrician or from your electricity company.


An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). From October 2008 EPCs will be required whenever a building is built, sold or rented out. This can be obtained from an accredited energy assessor.


Property Conditions


What condition does your property have to be in?


The property must be in a lettable condition before any agreements can be signed. We may carry out a preliminary inspection, to tell you if your property is suitable and whether you need to carry out any works. You will need to confirm that the property is of a good standard and ready for letting.



Does it have to be furnished?


No, but it may take longer for you to rent the property if it is unfurnished. The majority of renters are looking for furnished properties. If you are providing furnishings for the property you must ensure that they meet current health and safety requirements and fire safety regulations. Furnishings must be clean, unstained and damage free. Here at Marble Lettings we can conduct an inventory on your behalf to ensure all existing fixtures, fittings and furnishings are left as they were at the beginning of the tenancy.


General Information


What are your responsibilities?

The tenancy agreement that you sign will be a private arrangement and you will retain full responsibility and rights of the management of your property on a straight let. The Council will have no involvement with your tenancy agreement; it is solely between yourself and the tenant. Every tenant recommended by the council will have their own designated caseworker should any problems arise.


How long do the tenancies last for?

The councils will ask that the tenant remains in the property for at least 12 months. If the tenancy ends early, we will do all we can to help you accept another one of our clients. On request there is the option of also entering a 3-year tenancy agreement.