click to enable zoom
Loading Maps
We didn't find any results
open map
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
Advanced Search
We found 0 results. Do you want to load the results now ?
Advanced Search
we found 0 results
Your search results

I’ve move in to a new property, whom shall I notify with my new address?

Moving from another place needs time and effort since you need to make sure things are packed and that you notify few people of your new address, including your doctor, bank, dentist, utility companies and anyone you pay bills with. Updating your driver’s license is also necessary since you have a different address now, registering yourself as a new voter in the place you have moved in.


An Electoral Roll registration is also important when moving with a new address and failing to do so may cause you a high amount of fine as a punishment. However, it is also important because registering can give you a great credit score and this credit score will help you transact with loans, credit cards, mobile phone contracts and even to rent a property.

In the referencing process of renting a property the tenant referencing agencies will conduct a credit check of you if you can be a potential tenant. The report will be based mainly on postcode statistics and some information from the Electoral Role, that is why it is necessary to register in it because if not it will lessen your capabilities and chances of renting a property.

In order to register in the Electoral role, you must be

  • A British Citizen
  • Must be 16 years old and above (Starting age of registration is 16, but can only vote at the age of 18)

It is very convenient to register in the Electoral Role of the place you have move in, you can either register online or you can contact an Election Officer.