click to enable zoom
Loading Maps
We didn't find any results
open map
View Roadmap Satellite Hybrid Terrain My Location Fullscreen Prev Next
Advanced Search
We found 0 results. Do you want to load the results now ?
Advanced Search
we found 0 results
Your search results

What insurances should I have as a Landlord?

There are plenty of factors you need to consider about protection when you are a landlord. Mainly, you need to insure the property from physical damages, however, it is also important to have legal cover of things go out of control during the tenancy.

A privately rented property must have a specific Landlord Insurance Policy and not just a normal building or content insurance policy since they might be insufficient in the times to make claims. Many insurance companies offer insurance in different level which includes covering the accidental damages and landlord liability. As a landlord you need to make sure what insurance best fits to your property and the corresponding amount to it. If you start letting an unfinished property then you might want to apply insurance on the content of the property, since it is very uncommon for tenants to take out the tenant liability insurance from the tenancy agreement which will turn them to pay for accidental damages in your property. We also suggest that tenants get content insurances for their own belongings.

A lot of landlord prefer to have the reassurance of a policy or warranty; this policy protects their financial position as a landlord if the tenant is unable to pay them the rent. This insurance gives legal cover to the costs of gaining the ownership of the property in any cases of tenant breach and to give a limited rental cover if ever the tenant doesn’t pay.